If you’re just starting to explore magick, you’ve gotta ~let it burn~. Candles are a staple item in any magickal tool kit. They’re used to amplify and release energy, and they can either be left (unlit) around your pad to promote positive vibes or used (lit) in rituals and spells.
Candle magick is driven by the element of fire, which represents transformation. Fire changes everything it interacts with, whether it’s turning a love letter into ashes or making water boil for mac and cheese. This transformational energy is what you’re channeling in candle magick, encouraging and accelerating changes in your life.
The act of burning is believed to connect the physical world to the spiritual realm, but the other key element here is about using different candle colors. This is called color magick!
Different colors store different types of energy, and this is what we’re trying to access when we burn a candle of that color.
- White: promotes serenity and peace and enhances personal strength and insight.
- Black: for psychic protection, bb.
- Green: helps bring your ideas to life and amplifies prosperity. Yes, please.
- Blue: connects with your chakras and any emotional wounds that need healing.
- Yellow: enhances your networking and social skills, bringing in new career opportunities. (Try keeping one on your desk—unlit.)
- Red: encourages love, sex, and passion. Obvs.
- Pink: This one’s for ~romance~. Placing a pink candle by your home’s doorway will welcome in love.
- Purple: boosts your spiritual enlightenment and creativity.
- Orange: encourages your ambition and helps you broaden your horizons. Get yours!
- Brown: helps with all things relating to your resources (like health, energy, possessions, pets, endurance, and courage).